Zerynth Studio don’t install on MacOS 11 Big Sur

Hello :grinning:

I tried to install Zerynth Studio r2.6.2 for macOS 11 Big Sur and failed with an unexpected error in online install:

Referenced from: /Applications/Zerynth Studio.app/Contents/Resources/app.nw/python/bin/python3
Reason: image not found

Does Zerynth not support macOS 11 yet?

Thanks! :smiley:

Hi @apacheco
Quiet strange, Please let us test the latest version r.2.6.2 on our mac machines, We will keep you updated.
Thanks

Same error here: I can run my brew installed python3 but the version shipped with Zerynth is broken on Big Sur.

I fixed it by making a symbolic link of the python folder inside /Applications/Zerynth Studio.app/Contents/Resources/app.nw to my local python folder:

mv  /Applications/Zerynth Studio.app/Contents/Resources/app.nw/python Applications/Zerynth Studio.app/Contents/Resources/app.nw/python_old
ln -s /Users/xxx/.pyenv/versions/3.7.3 /Applications/Zerynth Studio.app/Contents/Resources/app.nw/python

The installation completed but now I am having some weird behaviour in the Zerynth Studio and does nto seem to work properly.

This seems to be an issue with older versions of Python - reported here too https://discourse.jupyter.org/t/jupyter-notebook-error-dyld-library-not-loaded-corefoundation-after-macos-big-sur-upgrade/6838

Any updates on this, I am having the same issue. Get errors on Big Sur with Python 3.9 installed.

@karimhamdy1 any news on this issue? Would be nice to have a build that can run on macOS 11 (Big Sur) as this is blocking me from using Zerynth.