Zerynth r2.4.2 is now available with two new boards and a library update!

Hey there,

Zerynth version r2.4.2 is out with 2 new devices and improvements.

A detailed list of changes follows.

- New Heltec WiFi Kit32 device (ESP32 Microcontroller)

Wi-Fi Kit 32 is a classic IoT dev-board designed and produced by Heltec Automation ™. It is based on the ESP32 microcontroller that boasts Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Ethernet and Low Power support all in a single chip; Li-Po battery management system, 0.96″​【𝟮,𝟰𝟰 𝗰𝗺】 OLED are also included. It is one of the best choice for smart solutions, smart farms, smart home, and IoT makers.

More info (1)

- New Wemos Lolin (ESP32 Microcontroller)

Wemos ESP32 OLED is a classic IoT dev-board designed and produced by Wemos. It is based on the ESP32 microcontroller that boasts Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Ethernet and Low Power support all in a single chip; Li-Po battery management system, 0.96″​【𝟮,𝟰𝟰 𝗰𝗺】 OLED are also included. It is one of the best choice for smart solutions, smart farms, smart home, and IoT makers.

More info (1)

20190212142631_18575---top-view

- I2C now available on Solomon-ssd1306 library

You can now use the display driver via I2C. Just remember to add either

SSD1306SPI: true

or

SSD1306I2C: true

to your project.yml file to enable one of the two available modes!
This new update to the library will enable the OLED screen on the 2 new boards (Heltec WiFi Kit32 and Wemos Lolin) and on the MXChip IoT DevKit AZ3166.

How to update?

Now you need to update all the packages to the version r2.4.2. To do this you have just to:

1. Start the new Zerynth Installer;
  2. Open Zerynth Studio ;
  3. Click “System Update”;
  4. Click “Update” and restart Zerynth Studio
  5. Follow the wizard and enjoy!

Remember to virtualize again all boards with the new virtual machines!

Happy coding!

As usual, please keep us informed of issues for this update.

If you have any ideas for projects, examples, applications, and how-tos, don’t hesitate to post them on our Hackster page and here on our Community Forum !

And don’t forget to stay tuned and follow us on Twitter @Zerynth and Facebook @Zerynth for real-time updates or subscribe to our newsletter!

Enjoy this new release and happy coding!

New Hotifx r2.4.2-p01

Greetings,

We have just released a new hotfix for Zerynth r2.4.2 that fixes the issues with Zerynth Studio on Mac.

If you did update Zerynth Studio to the version r2.4.2 before today and you found impossible to start our IDE again, you need to delete the .zerynth2 folder in your home and download the r2.4.2 version again by starting our installer from scratch.

This update fixes the Google and Facebook login too.

We at Zerynth are truly sorry about the issues that Mac users have been through, but we hope that everything will be less problematic from now on.

Thank you all for your patience and happy coding!

Thanks for getting this hot fix out so quickly.

I don’t know what happened but after installing new updated zerynth software I cannot register my ESP8266 chip , everytime it gives below error :
[error] Can’t burn bootloader! --> Can’t convert ‘NoneType’ object to str implicitly