Zerynth r2.3.3 is now available with 3 new boards supported and 4 new libraries

Hey there,

Zerynth version r2.3.3 is out with 3 new devices, 3 new libraries, and improvements.

A detailed list of changes follows.

- New Renesas PK-S5D9 device (S5D9 Microcontroller)

The board provides easy-to-access interfaces to the peripherals of the S5D9 Group MCUs for application development.
The PK-S5D9 includes four header connectors for direct access to the I/O pins in the MCU, and connectors for USB, Ethernet, RS-232/485, and CAN.
The PK-S5D9 incorporates a 2.4-in. QVGA (240 x 320) TFT display with capacitive touch screen.As a promotion kit, the PK-S5D9 is designed to demonstrate the main features of the Synergy Platform using the S5D9 Group MCUs.

Login as DesignSpark user needed!

More info (1)

- New Renesas TB-S5D5 device (S5D9 Microcontroller)

The TB-S5D5 is a single-board kit for the Renesas Synergy S5D5 Group Microcontrollers (MCUs).
The board provides easy-to-access interfaces to the peripherals of the S5D5 Group MCUs for application development.
This is an initial evaluation platform that you can use to determine which kit is appropriate for further development of your product.

Login as DesignSpark user needed!

More info (1)

- New ESP32 Ethernet Kit device (ESP32 Microcontroller)

The ESP32-Ethernet-Kit is an Ethernet-to-Wi-Fi development board that enables Ethernet devices to be interconnected over Wi-Fi.
At the same time, to provide more flexible power supply options, the ESP32-Ethernet-Kit also supports power over Ethernet (PoE).

More info (1)

esp32_ethernetkit

- New Quectel M95 Library

M95 is a highly compact quad-band GSM/GPRS module in LCC castellation packaging in the market. It adopts the latest MTK chipset and features compact size of 19.9mm × 23.6mm × 2.65mm, ultra low power consumption and extended temperature range.

More info (1)

- New STM LIS2HH12 Library

The LIS2HH12 is an ultra-low-power high-performance three-axis linear accelerometer belonging to the “pico” family.

The LIS2HH12 has full scales of ±2g/±4g/±8g and is capable of measuring accelerations with output data rates from 10 Hz to 800 Hz.
The self-test capability allows the user to check the functioning of the sensor in the final application.
The LIS2HH12 has an integrated first-in, first-out (FIFO) buffer allowing the user to store data in order to limit intervention by the host processor.
The LIS2HH12 is available in a small thin plastic land grid array package (LGA) and it is guaranteed to operate over an extended temperature range from -40 °C to +85 °C

More info (1)

- New Ethernet Library for STM32F4 boards

This module implements ethernet functionality for all of the stm32f4 boards already supported by Zerynth.

More info (1)

- New Amphenol DLH Library

The DLH Series Mini Digital Output Sensor is based on All Sensors’ CoBeam2 TM Technology. This reduces package stress susceptibility, resulting in improved overall long term stability and vastly improves the position sensitivity.

More info (1)

- Minor Fixes

Following libraries have been updated:

• LWMQTT Library: Added return code to the connect function.
  • ESP32 Ethernet library: Add compatibility for ESP32 Ethernet Kit and phy chip.
  • Quectel UG96 Library: Improvements and compatibility fixes.
  • Quectel BG96 Library: Improvements and compatibility fixes.
  • Quectel L76 Library: Improvements and compatibility fixes.
  • BME280 Library: New features and enabled fast read mode.
  • Studio and Toolchain: User experience improvements and bugfixes.
  • AWS IoT Libray: Fixed a bug that caused issues when connection to the server failed.

How to update?

Now you need to update all the packages to the version r2.3.3. To do this you have just to:

1. Start the new Zerynth Installer;
  2. Open Zerynth Studio ;
  3. Click “System Update”;
  4. Click “Update” and restart Zerynth Studio
  5. Follow the wizard and enjoy!

Remember to virtualize again all boards with the new virtual machines!

Happy coding!

As usual, please keep us informed of issues for this update.

If you have any ideas for projects, examples, applications, and how-tos, don’t hesitate to post them on our Hackster page and here on our Community Forum !

And don’t forget to stay tuned and follow us on Twitter @Zerynth and Facebook @Zerynth for real-time updates or subscribe to our newsletter!

Enjoy this new release and happy coding!

Hi,

I have just upgraded to this version and I am using the Riverdi IOT display module with the ESP32.

I am unable to virutualise the unit as for some reason it keeps swapping to a premium licence, which I don’t have.

I register it, no issues.

I then create a Standard VM with the starter licence (first item on the list, see following reply)

But when I select virtualise, I get it showing as using a premium licence and the virtualisation fails.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
John

This is the VM that I am selecting in the previous message