I will use this post to list the incoming features of Viper Beta and their status. Everything listed here is not definitive and subject to change.
- Wireless! CC3000 driver (for Particle Core and Adafruit shield/breakboard) is already working, it just needs to be tested with the latest VM changes. Photon drivers are work in progress.
- ViperApp: the Android version is ready, the iOS one is in the makings.
- Flash resources: data files (html, json, etc…) can be edited from the IDE, included in the bytecode, uplinked to flash and read as byte streams from Python.
- SPI driver: the low level driver is ready for all the supported boards, the Python interface to it is in the makings. As a bonus you get the Python driver for the Spi sensor I use to test it, the MPL115A1 barometer.
- IR send and receive support, both standalone and for the toishield library
- I2C driver: the low level driver is ready for some boards, the Python interface is not there yet. Python test driver is the MPU-6050 gyroscope/accelerometer. And if I get my hands on it, an I2C Display from SeedStudio
- DAC driver: both the low level driver and the Python interface must be written
- Bluetooth LE: drivers for nRF8001 by Adafruit