Viper Beta Roadmap

Hello everyone,

I will use this post to list the incoming features of Viper Beta and their status. Everything listed here is not definitive and subject to change.

Update 0008:

• Wireless! CC3000 driver (for Particle Core and Adafruit shield/breakboard) is already working, it just needs to be tested with the latest VM changes. Photon drivers are work in progress.
  • ViperApp: the Android version is ready, the iOS one is in the makings. 
  • Flash resources: data files (html, json, etc…) can be edited from the IDE, included in the bytecode, uplinked to flash and read as byte streams from Python. 
  • SPI driver: the low level driver is ready for all the supported boards, the Python interface to it is in the makings. As a bonus you get the Python driver for the Spi sensor I use to test it, the MPL115A1 barometer.
  • IR send and receive support, both standalone and for the toishield library
Update 0009:
  • I2C driver: the low level driver is ready for some boards, the Python interface is not there yet. Python test driver is the MPU-6050 gyroscope/accelerometer. And if I get my hands on it, an I2C Display from SeedStudio
  • DAC driver: both the low level driver and the Python interface must be written
  • Bluetooth LE: drivers for nRF8001 by Adafruit

Good! Will there be an app for Windows Phone?

gtony20 said:
Sure, but not yet scheduled in the roadmap.
We'll keep you posted 
(i am a WP owner.... i need it  B) )
floyd said:
gtony20 said:
Sure, but not yet scheduled in the roadmap.
We'll keep you posted 
(i am a WP owner.... i need it  B) )
Awesome! 

Hi,
Where is the ViperApp for Android?

elgranjuego said:
Hi,
Where is the ViperApp for Android?
Will be released in the Play Store in the next update