Update 0.2.0.0007

Finally, 0007 is out!

I fixed a lot of bugs, probably introduce new ones for your to discover :smiley: , but most important of all, we have support for the Photon!

• Photon support. You can viperize your Photon (do they become Phothons?!) and get more than 800k of flash to run your scripts at 120Mhz…The viperization is not reversible with a simple factory reset, however you can restore the original firmware directly from the IDE (check the docs details).
  • Fixed Particle Core VM (for black version). I haven’t a black Core to test, but thanks to the community support a testing VM seemed to solve the issue.
  • Fixed Arduino Due VM: now you can access all the pwm and some more icu. Check the pinmap for details.
  • Bytecode uplinking has now visual feedback (board led blinking at different color or speed)
  • TOI shield library with examples for all our kickstarter backers  <3
  • Modular VHAL: this quite complex feature allows to compile low level drivers only when necessary. Therefore VMs are now almost 10k smaller.
  • Some UI fixes here and there
The update process has been changed in 0006 and should now work…however, please let us know if problems arise during the update. If so, I suggest to download the 0007 version from www.viperize.it/download and reinstall it.

Cya!

Tried Arduino and Nucleo, but after vaporizing I got ‘found [None]’ error when uploading.

putty ‘V’ didn’t respond either

Tried both updating and downloading

All Perfect!
It Works!! :slight_smile:
Happy Coding :neutral: 
Photon Core (black)

windows 7

mpymike said:
Tried Arduino and Nucleo, but after vaporizing I got 'found [None]' error when uploading.

putty 'V' didn't respond either

Tried both updating and downloading
for both boards?
Very very weird....
Windows?

Working with my Photon!!.  Update from 0006 didn’t work, but download of 0007 and overwrite of 006 did!

pra said:
Working with my Photon!!.  Update from 0006 didn't work, but download of 0007 and overwrite of 006 did!

What happened with the update? error messages? not restarted? crashed?

Unable to update.  Received error message Oops,failed [Winerror 5]  Access is denied. 
Using Windows 7 and tried running as Administrator.  No improvement.  Still getting this error message.

What needs to be done to fix this problem:

hrh1818

Giacomo said:
pra said:
Working with my Photon!!.  Update from 0006 didn't work, but download of 0007 and overwrite of 006 did!

What happened with the update? error messages? not restarted? crashed?
Clears IDE with message "Viper updated", some undefined images and some non-formatted, non-selectable statements such as "select project" etc. on a white background.  Refreshing URL does nothing.  Restarting Viper (I have it in my Applications folder does nothing until I quit Safari. Then it starts as .0006, or old version.

I'm running Mac OSX 10.9.5 and Safari 7.1.5

Hi,

I managed to get Arduino Viperized by connecting the ‘Programming USB’ connector only
and leaving the ‘Native USB’ connector unconnected.

Still no luck with Nucleo, and didn’t get a chance to try Particle and Photon yet.

Please could you send the Nucleo vm bin file? I’ll try putty ‘V’ with it.

cheers

-mpymike

Please, everyone on mac with a failed update, download the dmg again, it was corrupted  :s

@Giacomo 
Thanks for the heads up! Both my photons weren’t working after the flash. 

@Giacomo 
I’ve reflashed the Viper vm to both my photons, but I’m still getting a blinking red light after the flash. Is there something up with the image, or the DMG still?

Fast flashing red, then two red blinks, then led off? It’s the starting phase, it signals that bytecode can be uplinked. If a valid bytecode has been previously uplinked, after the last blink the script is executed. As with the Core, if the script writes to the usb serial, a console must be open, or the usb buffer will fill up. 

I’m modifying the startup phase for 0008 vm so that, if valid bytecode is detected, it starts the execution without waiting.