Starting up with Hexiwear

Hi all,

I tried to start up with Hexiwear following this guide: https://www.zerynth.com/blog/programming-hexiwear-wearable-iot-in-python-using-zerynth/ .

• The first go around I was able to register the Hexiwear, create the VM, and virtualize it no problem. Then downloaded the hexiwear example to uplink and got “[error] No answer to probe”.
  • After doing some searching I attempted to register it again and now I’m getting “[error] Can’t find chipid”

In the device info, the port and disk fields are filled. I’m using MacOS 10.14 and Zerynth Studio r2.3.0-base. If it matters, the light on the Hexiwear is continually flashing purple/white now as well. Please provide some help here :blush:

Hexiwear (under Windows 10)

Hello @peachpie,

are you clicking the reset button as explained in our documentation?
Let me know :slight_smile:

Hi @LorenzoR,

Yes I’m clicking the left reset button as it tries to register the device and says “please reset the device”. Does it matter how long you press it?

Edit: Somehow it found the header and uplinked this time! Maybe the hexiwear wasn’t fully in the docking station. I re-registered and virtualized. Anyway, thanks for your help! :slight_smile:

Hi peachpie, congrats on having your Hexiwear working! Mine does not:

[info] Searching for C:\Users\(username)\hexiwear_example\__builtins__.py
[info] Searching for C:\Users\(username)\zerynth2\dist\r2.3.0\stdlib\__builtins__.py
[info] ########## STEP 0 - first pass
[info] Compiling module: __main__ @ C:\Users\(username)\hexiwear_example\main.py
[info] Searching for C:\Users\(username)\zerynth2\dist\r2.3.0\stdlib\__builtins__.py
[info] Compiling module: __builtins__ @ C:\Users\(username)\zerynth2\dist\r2.3.0\stdlib\__builtins__.py
[info] ########## STEP 0 - second pass
[info] Compiling module: __main__ @ C:\Users\(username)\hexiwear_example\main.py
[info] Compiling module: __builtins__ @ C:\Users\(username)\zerynth2\dist\r2.3.0\stdlib\__builtins__.py
[info] ########## STEP 4 - generate binary
[info] Resource table at 864 0x360
[info] Saving to C:\Users\(username)\zerynth2\tmp\zstudio.vbo
[info] Compilation Ok
[info] Searching for device d15d9bbc8b17b9a79e7c2fda6500dd1a94fba624 with alias zs:hexiwear:d15d9bbc8b17b9a79e7c2fda6500dd1a94fba624
[info] Please reset the device!
[info] Searching for device d15d9bbc8b17b9a79e7c2fda6500dd1a94fba624 again
[info] Checking layout...
[info] No active layout found
[info] Got header: 92007005501354e4ffffffffffff9100
........ (this is repeated several times)
[error] No answer to probe

Could please send the output of the console after your successful uplink, for reference?

Thanks!
JP

It now works after I re-created the VM! Thanks for your support guys! Here is the output, should it be helpful to others:

Loading settings...
Switched to auto mode
Ready!
Ok
Checking for updates...
[info] Starting device registration
[info] Burning bootloader...
[info] Burning bin
Does D:\hexiwear.bin specify a file name
or directory name on the target
(F = file, D = directory)? f
C:\Users\(username)\zerynth2\tmp\tmp3258e3n5\tmp.bin -> D:\hexiwear.bin
1 File(s) copied
[info] Please reset the device!
[info] Chip id retrieved: 92007005501354e4ffffffffffff9100
[info] Device Hexiwear (Docking Station) registered with uid: Ybh7MjQjRimxVblZJBE04g
Registration successful! Now you can virtualize your hexiwear
Creating VM for hexiwear...
[info] Creating vm for device Ybh7MjQjRimxVblZJBE04g
[info] VM Hexiwear (Docking Station) r19.06.28 created with uid: QDOL3wr_Q2KiPW461y8UeA
[info] Downloaded Virtual Machine in C:\Users\(username)\zerynth2\vms\hexiwear\92007005501354e4ffffffffffff9100 with uid QDOL3wr_Q2KiPW461y8UeA
VM created! You can now virtualize your hexiwear
[info] Starting Virtualization...
[info] Burning bin
Does D:\hexiwear.bin specify a file name
or directory name on the target
(F = file, D = directory)? f
C:\Users\(username)\zerynth2\tmp\tmpxhf97f6a\tmp.bin -> D:\hexiwear.bin
1 File(s) copied
[info] Virtualization Ok
Device Virtualized