Hi there, I’d like to suggest some changes to the sockets library
It would be great to implement callbacks into python when certain low-level events happen.
- Connection is established
- Data is received (the low-level driver knows everything that’s received already since it arrives in packets so you can provide the whole payload to the callback (or at least a significant piece to start) instead of having to read it yourself, figuring out when to stop reading, and then starting the application processing of the data received.
- Data was sent (so you can send another chunk when the payload doesn’t fit in a single packet)
Implement (again with callbacks) network events signaling
- Connection is lost/dropped
- Network is lost/reconnected
This would, IMHO, simplify code and significantly improve readability of the code, making it more atomic and asynchronous
Thanks in advance