Problem connecting to WLAN with the sample files

Hi all,

I have an ESP32 WROOM and it works fine with the samples, until I tried the ones requiring WLAN.

For example, the HTTP Time one compiles and uploads when I use this as the adapter:

from espressif.esp32net import esp32wifi as wifi_driver

But when I run it, I get this:

E (13124) wifi: misc_nvs_load 208 ret=4364
E (13125) wifi: wifi_init 1408 ret=4364

I am wondering what is the issue here - some other topic said I should initialize NVS first, but I wasn’t able to figure out how to use that.

Any pointers greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

Hi @Heikki_Hietala,

the example should run without the need of further configuration, can you try to erase the flash of your ESP32 device (Device Info->Erase Flash)? Then virtualize and uplink again.

Sometimes the ESP32 flash gets corrupted when switching from different programming environments.

Let me know :slight_smile:

Hi Lorenzo and thanks :+1: in reflashing my ESP32 it stopped working altogether, and now I am a little at loss as to what to do next. The flashing fails every time. Is there a way to get a full reset on the ESP?

Hi @Heikki_Hietala,

can you send me a log of the virtualization process?

Sorry, I should have done that straight away, but here it is. The device formerly registered okay as an ESP32 DevKitC.

Loading settings…
Switched to auto mode
Ready!
Checking for updates…
[info] Starting device registration
[info] Burning bootloader…
[info] esptool.py v2.0
[info] Connecting…
[info]
[info] A fatal error occurred: Failed to connect to ESP32: Invalid head of packet (b’0’)
[error] Can’t burn bootloader! --> esptool.py v2.0
Connecting…
A fatal error occurred: Failed to connect to ESP32: Invalid head of packet (b’0’)

Not to worry! I got it fixed by using it via Arduino IDE for a while, then redoing the installation routine.

On towards new problems, and thank you very much!