NRF52832 board from Nordic see as NRF52840?

Hi, I’m very new with the Zerynth application and I try to work with an original Nordic board “NRF52832”.
When I plug the board, Zerynth is displaying “Nordic nRF52840 DK” and when I try to register with the Z button I obtain an error when burning bin ( can’t find chipid ) !
Is someone had the same problem, what’s the solution ?
Waiting your reply.
Best regards, Jiemde

Hi Jiemde,

the “can’t find chipid” error is probably because you are missing the drivers for the board. You can find those here: https://www.segger.com/downloads/jlink/#J-LinkSoftwareAndDocumentationPack, as specified in the documentation.

But before you try that you should go to “Preferences->Forget All Devices” and check if after that the board gets correctly recognized as a Nordic nRF52 DK.

Let me know how it goes!

Best,
Lorenzo

Hi Lorenzo, Thanks for your help, now the board is well recognize and I can go ahead.
Now trying to simply execute the “BLE Battery Service” example and the first errors are there ! :frowning_face:

Need to understand those 2 errors

Best regards
Jiemde

Good to hear that!

You can ask here if you need help with those errors :slight_smile:

Best,
Lorenzo

Thanks for your proposition, so I’ve take a picture of the errors! I know Python but nothing in C ! it’s why I need to use Zerynth for programming the nRF52832 SOC. Thanks for your help if possible IMG_20190919_155806|690x344

I’m sorry, but I cannot click on the link, I’m not sure why!

[info] Searching for C:\Users\jiemde\zerynth2\dist\r2.3.1\stdlib\nordic\nrf52_ble\nrf52_ble.py

[info] Searching for C:\Users\jiemde\zerynth2\dist\r2.3.1\libs\official\nordic\nrf52_ble\nrf52_ble.py

[info] Compiling module: nordic.nrf52_ble.nrf52_ble @ C:\Users\jiemde\zerynth2\dist\r2.3.1\libs\official\nordic\nrf52_ble\nrf52_ble.py

[info] PREP: NRF52_SD_132 = 1 ( True ) [ if 1 ] @ 34

[info] PREP: ( False ) [ else 1 ] @ 38

[info] PREP: NRF52_SD_140 = None ( False ) [ if 2 ] @ 40

[info] Searching for J:\HERON_TRACK_DEV\HTRACK\wireless\ble.py

[info] Searching for C:\Users\jiemde\zerynth2\dist\r2.3.1\stdlib\wireless\ble.py

[info] Compiling module: wireless.ble @ C:\Users\jiemde\zerynth2\dist\r2.3.1\stdlib\wireless\ble.py

[info] ########## STEP 1 - C code compilation

[info] Compiling C:/Users/jiemde/zerynth2/dist/r2.3.1/libs/official/nordic/nrf52_ble/csrc/ble_ifc.c

[error] C:\Users\jiemde\zerynth2\dist\r2.3.1\stdlib__lang/opcodes.h => line 96 : expected identifier or ‘(’ before numeric constant

[error] Error in C natives [—] in [[C:/Users/jiemde/zerynth2/dist/r2.3.1/libs/official/nordic/nrf52_ble/csrc/ble_ifc.c] at line 0](javascript:app.open_marker(‘j:\heron_track_dev\htrack’,'c: users=)

Hi Jiemde,

there was a bug in the library code that caused those error messages.
We have fixed it and we are going to release an hotfix tomorrow, but if you need it now you can solve the issue by manually editing the file inside C:/Users/jiemde/zerynth2/dist/r2.3.1/libs/official/nordic/nrf52_ble/csrc/ble_ifc.h and adding :

#undef IN

before all the includes, like you can see in here: this picture.

To get the hotfix you’ll need to update your zerynth studio version to the newly released r2.3.2!

Thanks for your patience and let me know if you need more help!

best,
Lorenzo

Hi Lorenzo,
Thanks for all.
Everything is working now ! :grin:

You are effective
Best regards
Jiemde