Max ADC speed with zerynth

Hey guys, I have a doubt, can anyone help me?

For example, the microcontroller STM32L476RG has an ADC that can reach 5Msps, if i use it with Zerynth virtual machine, when I use the python function adc.read() the microcontroller will convert the analog signal at the full speed or is it needed another configuration?

Hi Wuerike,

Regarding the microcontroller, Zerynth, for now, does not support STM32L476RG based devices but seems it is an M4 Cortex from STM the porting is possible.

here you can find more info about the ADC module of the Zerynth Standard Library.

You can set the “samples_per_second” in the init() function and when you’re going to read the ADC channel with the number of samples greater than 1 (default parameter), the samples will be acquired at the set frequency (according to the microcontroller specifications).

Let me know if this can help you :slight_smile:

Hello!

It was helpful, thank you.
I just wanted to know if zerynth allows use the maximum of a microcontroller.

I have other question, I’m a electrical engineer student and I wanna work as firmware developer, all I know its use PIC16 with the MikroC compiler, I’m not expert in C neither in Python, do you think I can be able to use Zerynth? Zerynth will be a real tool used for the industry? If I’m a begginer with microcontroller and if python, which way should I take to get an expert with Zerynth?

I know it seems kind of personal issues, but I wanna know it from someone who alredy knows Zerynth then I can make my onw choices about what e how study it.