Installs but fails on start

Hi Alberto,

About Windows issue, I prepare for you new “ztc.js” file that you have to replace in this path:

"C:\Program Files\Zerynth\js\ztc.js"

After replacing this file, you can start again the installation (if you press F12 during installation you can expand js objects to better visualize single voices that are not displayed in text file).

Even if installation ends without errors, please send me new log file to better understand the exception raised; in particular, you can find, in javascript console, the “loccmd” object and post me this object in both (expanded and not expanded) representations. 

Let me know if this can help you

@Alberto and @Anthony

about your MacOS, I prepare for you new “app.js” file that you have to replace in this path:

MacOS: "~/.zerynth2/dist/r2.0.9/studio/zjs/app.js"

Windows: C:\Users\your_user\zerynth2\dist\r2.0.9\studio\zjs\app.js"

Please let me know if this can fix your problem or post me new error log messages, if there are.

Many many thanks. It works on Mac Pro. Now I test in Win64

I’m testing with new ztc.js file…

Commenting out the line app.update_uninst_menu() that is not in the if statement fixed the issue for me, many thanks as this fix came in time for me to work with my son on this during my vacation.

Now all ok with the installation in win64.
But when I launch Zerynth the app and menus are ok but this message comes out:

Loading settings…
Ready!
Error loading targets: SyntaxError: Unexpected end of JSON input
Error: Zerynth autocompletion disabled SyntaxError: Unexpected end of JSON input
Checking for updates…
Error while setting token! SyntaxError: Unexpected end of JSON input
Error while checking for updates:SyntaxError: Unexpected end of JSON input
WARNING!! Can’t retrieve user info!

Appled also app.js as suggested for MacOS but the result is the same

Hi there,

I’m running Mac OS 10.12.5 (Sierra). Downloaded Studio and installed it by copying it to the APplications folder. The first time I tried to run it, as expected it asked me whether I wanted an online or offline installation. I selected online, and things seems to go OK, but then the application crashed. Now it crashes reliably on each startup:

Process:               Zerynth [42246]
Path:                  /Users/USER/*/Zerynth.app/Contents/MacOS/Zerynth
Identifier:            com.zerynth.zerynth
Version:               54.0.2840.99 (2840.99)
Code Type:             X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process:        ??? [1]
Responsible:           Zerynth [42246]
User ID:               502

Date/Time:             2017-07-29 14:56:51.944 +0100
OS Version:            Mac OS X 10.12.5 (16F73)
Report Version:        12
Anonymous UUID:        695FFA99-CD0E-D83C-ABD0-3420874BDB75

Sleep/Wake UUID:       750DC716-6A59-46E2-8C3D-BA2CA107BC30

Time Awake Since Boot: 580000 seconds
Time Since Wake:       1400 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread:        0  CrBrowserMain  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type:        EXC_BAD_INSTRUCTION (SIGILL)
Exception Codes:       0x0000000000000001, 0x0000000000000000

Application Specific Information:
Crashing on exception: Item to be inserted into menu already is in another menu

I replaced the app.js file as recommended, and all was well. A new release that fixes this error would be welcome when you get time …

I had Changed app.js also on Mac of my son (with Maverick version of OS). He had the error. So on Mac with El Capitan (my Mac) all ok, on Mac with Maverick (my son) he continue to have errors and the same on my win64 as I explained above. Thanks if you can do something next week as my son is working on particle photon and he is not able to recognise it due to the error

Hello everyone,

our next release (coming very soon) will fix the MacOS installation issue related to Item to be inserted into menu already is in another menu” error.

Regarding the “Unexpected end of JSON input” error (1) in Windows machine and the software crash (2) on Mavercks MacOS distribution, I need more info:

1. please press F12 on opening Zerynth Studio and post me all output messages of the javascript console;
  2. please post me all error messages coming out from installation after changing the app.js file.
Thanks for your feedbacks.

Hi. I begin to post the javascript console for win64
 (see pdf file attached - I remove the token with my credentials google+)

What it displays is that C:\Users\Alberto\zerynth2\cfg\token.json’ is not present (and it is true!!) and the following message: 

<Uncaught (in promise) SyntaxError: Unexpected end of JSON input
    at JSON.parse ()
    at ztc.js:33
    at Object.command (ztc.js:8)
    at Object.load_packs (eval at globalEval (jquery.min.js:2), :94:18)
    at Object.init (eval at globalEval (jquery.min.js:2), :67:19)
    at eval (eval at globalEval (jquery.min.js:2), :1:13)
    at eval ()
    at Function.globalEval (jquery.min.js:2)
    at n.fn.init.domManip (jquery.min.js:3)
    at n.fn.init.replaceWith (jquery.min.js:3)>

In any case in the pdf file you can find all what you have requested
Let me know

Here the problem in Mac pro OS X ver.Maverick 10.9.5. It is not a problem of installation but no device are displayed in the menu “Target”.
Added 2 tiff files with the log of js console (the second follows the first because it was impossible to display in one shot)

Here the pdf files

Hi Alberto,

Analyzing your console log in Windows machine, it seems the same problem you had during installation.
Now these new files are available for new installations, so you can remove your Zerynth Studio instance and install it again from scratch.

To uninstall completely Zerynth Studio from Windows machine you have to:
 1. navigate in your user folder and delete “zerynth2” folder;
 2. navigate in your “Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features” and uninstall Zerynth2.0 software.

NB: you have to download again the ZerynthInstaller.exe from our website and execute the Online installation (Offline packages with this patch will be available soon).

Regarding MacOS issue, unfortunately, Mavericks distribution has never been tested and it’s not officially supported by Zerynth  (support is from Yosemite to Sierra); from your error log the problem seems to be related to the management of usb devices.
To confirm that, you can open the terminal and type the command “ztc device discover” with the Particle Photon connected and post me the result.
I’m sorry but the only solution I see is to upgrade your Mavericks distribution and try again to install Zerynth Studio.

Let me know :slight_smile:

Win64 installation ok. Thank you so much!!

Now we try again with the Maverick installation. If it does not work we’ll try to update OS

Hi. We try to install again but the result is the same.
Really checking the log it seems that the problem is on json.parse in update_checker. We did the command ztc device discover but we had no result. Is that behaviour that you expect?

Yes, unfortunately :s .

We suggest you to upgrade your Mavericks distribution to a more recent one. Zerynth Studio runs correctly from OS X Yosemite on.