How to get Viper App to see your Photon?

I have a Photon that’s been Viperized with the latest VM today.
I installed the ViperApp on my Android phone.
I powered up the Photon but can not get the ViperApp to see it. What are the steps? 

Hi Mischko,
The photon wifi chip drivers are not yet included in Viper. 
We are working on it! They will be released with update 0009 that should be ready in a couple of weeks.

The current version of Viper supports CC3000 wifi drivers only. So, you can use the Particle Core or Arduino, Nucleo and Udoo equipped with the Adafruit CC3000 shield or breakout board.
D.

I see the 0009 release is out and about to get it running.  As a follow-up does anyone have en example to establish wifi communication with a Photon via the Viper app?

Hi @ecn113 
we added a dedicated section in the examples library
You can use this examples to see how the Broadcom drivers for the Photon are used and then move to all the examples available in the “networking” section.

ecn113 said:
I see the 0009 release is out and about to get it running.  As a follow-up does anyone have en example to establish wifi communication with a Photon via the Viper app?

ecn113 said:
Hi @ecn113 
have you established wifi communication between Photon and ViperApp? the board is connected but ViperApp don't see Vipers. (no Vipers around you). 

Hi licia,
Please give us more details about your setup.
Is the photon connected to a Wi-Fi network? Is a Wi-Fi network withouth browser security login? Are you getting any exception on the serial console? Is the android phone connected to the same Wi-Fi network?

Hi floyd,
yes, the photon is connected to a wi-fi network and my Android phone is connected to the same wi-fi. On the serial console is all ok in fact the message is ‘ok!’ 
I’m using ‘Viper App Basic’ and I modified the drivers.
I’m sure that the photon works because I tried also to establish a connection with my phone through the Hotspot end in fact the photon was connected on my phone. 
I don’t understand if I have to do something else to connect the photon.

Licia said:
I'm sure that the photon works because I tried also to establish a connection with my phone through the Hotspot end in fact the photon was connected on my phone. 
The Viper app doesn't work on the same smartphone that is acting as hotspot.

try to modify the following line of your Viper App Basics script:
vp = viperapp.ViperApp("Test","Test Object","resource://template.html")
```
with this:
vp = viperapp.ViperApp("Test","Test Object","resource://template.html",True)
```
This will enable the logging mode of the Viper App module. You will see on the serial console various messages that can help you understating what is happening.
If you will not find the solution please post here your serial console messages.