Error uploading after 2.1.0-p01 update

Hello to all,
My code worked yesterday, and after last update, and after re-virtualize my device I get some errors uploading:

[info] Found VM Ev3Gm0XXXX…XXXX for olimex_esp32evb
[info] Handshake
[info] symbols: 3
[info] membase @3FFC24B4
[info] romstart @40150000
[info] flash @00080000
[warning] There are 10 missing symbols! This VM does not support the requested features!
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/manuel/.zerynth2/dist/r2.1.0/ztc/ztc.py”, line 111, in
cli()
File “/home/manuel/.zerynth2/sys/python/lib/python3.5/site-packages/click/core.py”, line 716, in call
return self.main(*args, **kwargs)
File “/home/manuel/.zerynth2/sys/python/lib/python3.5/site-packages/click/core.py”, line 696, in main
rv = self.invoke(ctx)
File “/home/manuel/.zerynth2/sys/python/lib/python3.5/site-packages/click/core.py”, line 1060, in invoke
return _process_result(sub_ctx.command.invoke(sub_ctx))
File “/home/manuel/.zerynth2/sys/python/lib/python3.5/site-packages/click/core.py”, line 889, in invoke
return ctx.invoke(self.callback, **ctx.params)
File “/home/manuel/.zerynth2/sys/python/lib/python3.5/site-packages/click/core.py”, line 534, in invoke
return callback(*args, **kwargs)
File “/home/manuel/.zerynth2/dist/r2.1.0/ztc/uplinker/uplinker.py”, line 199, in uplink
_uplink_dev(dev,bytecode,loop)
File “/home/manuel/.zerynth2/dist/r2.1.0/ztc/uplinker/uplinker.py”, line 254, in _uplink_dev
thebin = relocator.relocate(symbols,_memstart,_romstart)
File “/home/manuel/.zerynth2/dist/r2.1.0/ztc/uplinker/relocator.py”, line 111, in relocate
new_text_pad = self.align_to(new_text_end,16)-new_text_end
File “/home/manuel/.zerynth2/dist/r2.1.0/ztc/uplinker/relocator.py”, line 65, in align_to
return x if x%n==0 else x+(n-(x%n))
TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for %: ‘NoneType’ and ‘int’

What I’m missing ???

Hi Manuel,

As you can see in the “Create new Virtual Machine” popup, there are 3 patches available for the ESP32 based devices (included the Olimex ESP32 EVB).

Each patch (BASE, P01, P02) has different characteristics summarized in the changelog message (top of the popup).

In detail:

• BASE patch: VM updated to the Espressif IDF 3.0-rc1;
  • P01 patch: VM BASE + new RTC and SD protocol features (also FOTA fixed)
  • P02 patch: VM P01 + new RTOS-based event management and bugfix on FreeRTOS thread termination

To solve your issue you need the P02 virtual machine; so, you have to create new VM (don’t worry the number of your available licenses will not decrement) and virtualize your Olimex device again.

Hope this can help you :slight_smile: