[error] No answer to probe

Why do I sometimes get this error when uplinking a script? Restarting the board and the trying the uplink again then works.
Thanks

Hi robmarkcole,

This error message comes out when the serial port is busy during the uplink phase.
Every time you have to uplink a script make sure that you have closed the serial monitor.

Hope this can help you.

OK thanks 

hi,
am getting the same erorr everytime I am trying to Uplink my code.
I have this sequence of messages:
info] Got header: Tampered firmware!!
[info] Got header: Tampered firmware!!
[error] No answer to probe

I am using this module: "
JZK ESP32 scheda di sviluppo ESP-WROOM-32 ESP-32 ESP-32S 2.4GHz WiFi + bluetooth dual mode modulo antenna con potenza ultra bassa"
My understandin is that it is supported as its “WROOM”.
I used a nodeMCU 8255 LORA and it worked very smooth but I need to upgrade to ESP32 as its more powerful.
Is there any chance I can use my board with Zerynth or should I return it ?
Virtualization went fine.

thanks,
Adrian

I have an update on m y last post - I re- virtualized the device and now the error is gone. Though the console is not showing anything when running the wifi examples… I will post the relevant use case in the relevant thread though,

I have found that the window of time that the uploader waits after requesting you to reset the board is very narrow. It’s easy to miss so is there a way to make it longer ??

Also if you DO miss the window and have to go again. Zerynth always re-compiles and prepares new byte code even though I haven’t changed any source. Is that really necessary ???