core.viper.ide r0.3.3

Just released IDE package r0.3.3 that fixes a nasty bug in library creation for Windows. Some more bugfixes for other platforms too.
It also installs core.viper.toolbelt r0.3.2 for a small fix in documentation generation.

I’m coming from a fresh 0.3.1 installation. Updated the new packages and restarted viper a couple of times.

If I clone a project and after filling TITLE DESCRIPTION and LIBRARYPATH fileds the button CREATE still doesn’t do anyhing(but no error is displayed). May my old projects that are synched with the cloud interfere? (I can’t create a namespace btw)

If I create a whole new project (not cloning) I can try to create a namespace this time but I get the error “Not possible to create such a namespace”. If I go on without a namespace and filling the above 3 fields I get this error:

“Fatal Error TRACEBACK FOR Can’t convert ‘NoneType’ object to str implicitly:: Traceback (most recent call last): File “C:\Users\Envy4\viper\env\core\official\ide\vipercontrol.py”, line 1135, in dispatch getattr(self,msgtype)(msg) File “C:\Users\Envy4\viper\env\core\official\ide\vipercontrol.py”, line 176, in new_project proj[“files”]=OrderedDict({“readme.md”:self.generate_project_md(proj),“main.py”:self.generate_library_main_py(proj)}) File “C:\Users\Envy4\viper\env\core\official\ide\vipercontrol.py”, line 1712, in generate_library_main_py res+=“from community.”+proj[“namespace”]+”."+proj[“mod_name”]+" import “+proj[“mod_name”] TypeError: Can’t convert ‘NoneType’ object to str implicitly”

ops… it is a bug on the ide interface, we’ll fix it asap
thks for notifying us

Using a MacBook Pro Retina 15" (Yosemite), when i try to clone an example the library window pops up instead the clone window. 
When starting the IDE it starts with full size, can we get a smaller size?
A preference for standard library or project path would be usefull.

sstaub

@Davide,
have you already created a namespace or you only have “local”? There is a limit of 1 namespace per user at the moment, I think it’s the “Not possible to create such a namespace” which is not so explicative  :p 

For the cloning problem, I can reproduce it and a fix is incoming. However I can’t reproduce the second bug you mention…could you try the following? Make a backup copy of Users/your-user/viper/projects (with Viper not running), delete Users/your-user/viper/projects and start Viper. You need to insert mail and password again to log back in. If the bug is still there, you can exit and restore the backup of projects, otherwise you can synch your projects back from the cloud (provided you synched them to the cloud in the first place!).

@sstaub
good suggestions, I may be able to start the IDE with the last used size.

Giacomo said:
@Davide,
have you already created a namespace or you only have "local"? There is a limit of 1 namespace per user at the moment, I think it's the "Not possible to create such a namespace" which is not so explicative  :p 

For the cloning problem, I can reproduce it and a fix is incoming. However I can't reproduce the second bug you mention...could you try the following? Make a backup copy of Users/your-user/viper/projects (with Viper not running), delete Users/your-user/viper/projects and start Viper. You need to insert mail and password again to log back in. If the bug is still there, you can exit and restore the backup of projects, otherwise you can synch your projects back from the cloud (provided you synched them to the cloud in the first place!).

@sstaub
good suggestions, I may be able to start the IDE with the last used size. 
Hi I deleted the folder "Users/your-user/viper/projects". Then I opened Viper without loggin-in and you can see the result in the video. Even if I log-in the bug is still there.

Is the namespace saved on the cloud? How can I read my previously created namespace ( I could have created one before but I don't remember its name)

Many thanks for your detailed bug report! 

You have a matrix866 namespace registered,but what troubles me is that not even the “local”  namespace appears on the list. 

Looking in to the issue… 

No problem, if you need more test just tell me…I want to restart using Viper  :# with the new cool features.

Hello, I’ve the same problem with version r0.3.1 on windows 7

Clone bug should be fixed in r0.3.4 just released. I added a “refresh namespace” spinner to reload namespaces in the library creation dialog.

@Davide, @Lorenzo Let me know if this solves or mitigates the empty namespace select issue.

Ok it works now! Thank you

@Davide,

you also confirm r0.3.4 fixed the namespace issues?

Just tested yes it works! thank you!