And here it is a new update!
The core packages are all updatable and there are also some new libraries in the pool.
The update can be performed by refreshing the package list and then clicking on the puzzle icon that will appear on the top bar:
There are many new features:
- Standalone browser: the IDE will now use its own browser (node-webkit) to avoid platform problems
- User libraries: special projects can be created that will behave as libraries. Each library must have a namespace that will be used to correctly import it. Libraries can also be added to the Viper Package Manager to share them with the community, after a review process. Library code will be hosted on Github on your personal account.
- Bluetooth Smart: the package lib.adafruit.bluefruit has support for Bluefruit products from Adafruit
- MQTT: search for mqtt in the VPM and install our official mqtt module
- Standard Library: mcu soft reset support (mcu module), fixed spi issues, fifo module and expanded documentation for advanced topics like C language interfacing
- Low Level Documentation: the C APIs used by the virtual machine are now documented; it is time to start mixing C and Python to get the best of both worlds.
- Many bug fixes
As usual if the update process does not go smoothly, you can download the full Viper installer from here.
If the package manager gets corrupted for some unfathomable reason you can restore your Viper instance by deleting the vpm_r.db and vpm_t.db files under:
- ~/.viper/cfg in Linux
- /Users/your-user/viper/cfg in Windows
- Documents/Viper/cfg in Mac OS X