Announcing Zerynth Studio 2.0: download now!

Hi Lucio,

Here a link to our documentation where all sequence for the NodeMCU v2 device are described step by step (driver installation, device registration, device virtualization, etc.)

Let me know if this can help you

Hello Matteo,
unfortunately all indications of the links have not been successful.

The problem I think it affects: ... for the first utilization in the "office" installation you need to register ... Could you please explain to me what exactly is required at this stage of registration.
This is important for my colleague IT in order to be able to enable recording in the first and in the subsequent virtualization of the board.
Excuse me if I insist but I think that the limit I have met could help other ZERYNTH STUDIO users with access to the Internet via Proxy.

Thanks a lot

Luciano

Hi Lucio,
From the screeshot you posted, the error regards device recognition (no internet interaction is needed for this operation).

You can check, clicking on the “info” button (alongside the “Z” button), if the Port name of the device is different from “None”; in that case the device is not recognized because something wrong happened during the driver installation and you have to install the driver again.

Regarding the Proxy issue, all the operations, that need internet data exchange, are made to the same host domain so if you have done one of this operation (like login to the system) you can also do all the other operations (like for example register a device).

To register a device, once it has recognized by the system. you have to click the “Z” button.

Hope that this can help you; let me know :slight_smile:

Hello Matteo,
thanks for the detailed answer.

You wrote :

"You can check, clicking on the “info” button (alongside the “Z” button), if the Port name of the device is different from “None”; in that case the device is not recognized because something wrong happened during the driver installation and you have to install the driver again."

Screenshoot the attachment shows the door with COM24 and not with None!

The following discussion on the Forum:

https://community.zerynth.com/discussion/418/readbear-nano-2-cannot-burn-bootloader#latest

He showed the same problem with readbear-nano-2 board.

I could solve the same way?

Thanks

Luciano

Hi Lucio,
Do you have a space in your “c:/users/…” path? (Windows path)

If this is the case we fix this problem soon in next days.

Let me know

Hello Matteo,

I confirm, my user name has a space between the first and last name!

I look forward with enthusiasm to solve the problem

Hello Matteo,

There is news about the problem of space ? 

Thanks a lot

luciano

Hi Lucio,

We’re working very hard to fix some bugs (like the “path with spaces” issue), to improve all the system and to increase the number of devices and libraries supported.
We’re under last testing phase and we’re going to release as soon as possible the r2.0.5 update.

Stay tuned :slight_smile:

Hello Matteo, where I can download the version r2.0.5 ?

Grazie

hi @lucio1960 
you should be able to update your current installation directly via Zerynth Studio.
look at the bottom left corner, you should see one or two update buttons.
otherwise, if you need to perform a new installation you can download Zerynth from the official page https://www.zerynth.com/zerynth-studio/

Thanks a lot

Hello Matteo & Floyd,

I just upgraded to r2.0.6 ZERYNTH Studio version.

I finally manage to virtualize my NODEMCU hardware. I tried to load the BLINK code and other simple programs and everything works.

Now, I only have two problems to solve.

The first is the absence of screen shoots of PinsMap Select (see Annex).

The second on the driver to check the WiFi Scan code NODEMCU.

However I am happy because you are working out all the problems I encountered. Proxy Company, Username with space, etc.

Go on like this !!!

Grazie

Hello Matteo & Floyd,

no suggestions for solving the problem ?

Thanks a lot

Luciano

Hi Lucio,

I open the device info for NodeMcu v2 in all windows ditributions (Win7, Win8, and Win10) with the last available version (r2.0.6) of the Zerynth Studio and it works in all of them.

You can check if you have the svg file in this path:
“your_home”/zerynth2/dist/r2.0.6/devices/nodemcu2/svg/

If you have a *.svg file it must be called nodemcu2.svg otherwise it doesn’t appear in the Studio.

Let me know :slight_smile:

Hi Matteo,
I checked the file in the path indicated.

Clicking on the link opens nodemcu2.svg file browser where the Pin Map is shown.

Probably again because of the company’s Proxy access to the Pin Map link is blocked and consequently in ZERYNTH STUDIO screen remains blank.

It’s possible ?

Thanks

a lot

Luciano

Hi Lucio,

This issue is very weird; the proxy interaction should not be involved because the file is in your local folder.
You can try to add, throught the Device Management Widget, a different virtual device and check if the pinmap for this different device is shown correctly or not.

Let me know if this can help you

Hello Matteo,

from the following link:

https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scalable_Vector_Graphics

I knew the type of nodemcu2.svg file.

Formerly my PC configuration files opened. svg with Internet Explorer and that is the reason for network access.

I then tried to install INKSCAPE in order to open the files with this nodemcu2.svg TOOL.

Unfortunately the result is negative, it opens a blank window as before

Which tools I need to link to the file in order to display properly nodemcu2.svg ?

Thanks a lot

Luciano

Hello Matteo & Floyd,

no suggestions for solving the problem of nodemcu2.svg file ?

Thanks a lot

Luciano

Hi Lucio,

We re-organized all the categories of our forum and I suggest you to create a new thread for every issue you find to keep track more specifically all comments, info, etc. about them.

This method will help us to find solutions for any bugs/problems and will help the Zerynth Community to find information about same or similar troubles they can discover.

For example the “svg load image” problem can be posted inside the “Getting Started” or “Troubleshooting” section.
We are also working to understand if the issue depends on the old “path with space” bug.

Please from now on create a new discussion for this issue where we can continue to talk about.
Thanks and Stay tuned :slight_smile: