frame

Unable to register Hexiwear

I've completed disambiguation, but I cannot get registered.  I hit the reset button after this, and I get a purple flashing light, but still stuck trying to register.  DAPLINK appears to disconnect after the file is downloaded.  Port is set to None and disk is E: in device info.

[info] Starting device registration
[info] Burning bootloader...
Does E:\hexiwear.bin specify a file name
or directory name on the target
(F = file, D = directory)? f
C:\Users\sebt\zerynth2\tmp\tmpiyhw8rut\tmp.bin -> E:\hexiwear.bin
1 File(s) copied
[info] Please reset the device!
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\sebt\zerynth2\dist\r2.0.10\ztc\ztc.py", line 111, in 
    cli()
  File "C:\Users\sebt\zerynth2\sys\python\lib\site-packages\click\core.py", line 716, in __call__
    return self.main(*args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\sebt\zerynth2\sys\python\lib\site-packages\click\core.py", line 696, in main
    rv = self.invoke(ctx)
  File "C:\Users\sebt\zerynth2\sys\python\lib\site-packages\click\core.py", line 1060, in invoke
    return _process_result(sub_ctx.command.invoke(sub_ctx))
  File "C:\Users\sebt\zerynth2\sys\python\lib\site-packages\click\core.py", line 1060, in invoke
    return _process_result(sub_ctx.command.invoke(sub_ctx))
  File "C:\Users\sebt\zerynth2\sys\python\lib\site-packages\click\core.py", line 889, in invoke
    return ctx.invoke(self.callback, **ctx.params)
  File "C:\Users\sebt\zerynth2\sys\python\lib\site-packages\click\core.py", line 534, in invoke
    return callback(*args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\sebt\zerynth2\dist\r2.0.10\ztc\devices\devcmd.py", line 292, in register
    line=ch.readline()
  File "C:\Users\sebt\zerynth2\dist\r2.0.10\ztc\base\comm.py", line 133, in readline
    return self.ch.readline().decode("ascii","ignore")
  File "C:\Users\sebt\zerynth2\sys\python\lib\site-packages\serial\serialwin32.py", line 246, in read
    if not self.hComPort: raise portNotOpenError
serial.serialutil.SerialException: Attempting to use a port that is not open
Tagged:

Comments

• Hi scotttetrick,

If the serial port seen by Zerynth Studio is None, it means that drivers for serial communication are not correctly installed (DAP Link for serial over USB driver needed).

To verify if the drivers are correctly installed, you can open the Windows Device Manager and check if Hexiwear serial port is among your ports.

Once installed, you should see the serial port of your Hexiwear device set to COM*.

Hope this can help you :)
    Matteo Cipriani
    Zerynth Support Team
  • Had a win7 driver which disconnected.  Replacing that driver worked to get registered.