frame

ESP32 BLE

Hello everyone,
I'm trying to use the internal ESP32 devkit C board Bluetooth with the Adafruit Bluefruit module libraries, as the board mounts this module.
Using the example "Serial Over BLE" included in the library I have to put the module connection pins on the board, does anyone know what they are?
Has anyone managed to run ESP bluetooth with Zerinth even if it is not yet supported?
Tagged:

Comments

• Hi claudiocinc,

Adafruit Bluefruit module mounts a nRF8001 produced by Nordic and you can use it with any Zerynth Supported Device (even the ESP32 device) importing the related library and connecting the Bluefruit module to device SPI interface (you can find SPI pins for each device in its related pinmap image inside Zerynth Studio).

ESP32 boasts Wifi, Bluetooth, Ethernet and Low Power support all in a single chip and the related functions/method can be managed through low-level ESP32 SDK exposed functions.

BLE support on ESP32 devices will be available in next months.

Hope this can help you :)
    Matteo Cipriani
    Zerynth Support Team
  • Hi Matteo,
    First of all thanks for your answer.
    Is there a chance to know which low level pins are connected to the integrated bluetooth module in the board and have they mapped into the Zerynth virtual machine?
    I have uploaded the example for using the Adafruit Bluefruit module, but runtime I have a board reboot because in the function 'ble.init (SPI0, D8, D7)' there are no correct pins.
  • As mentioned in Zerynth Studio pinmap (note in left high corner) D6 to D11 are not usable because ESP32 module has always an external flash where storing its binary files, barcode, etc. and those pins are used to handle this memory.

Try with other pins and let me know
    Matteo Cipriani
    Zerynth Support Team