frame

Guidance in creating an AP WebServer for ESP32

I am at a read disadvantage here, because not only am I new to Python, I am new to Zerynth (v2.0.10-p03), and ESP32.

My goal is to create an AP, and serve up my own web page, that has buttons and slider controls on it.
I have already done this using the Particle Photon with their IDE, but I would like to do the same using Python.

I started with the Mini Web Server example, and that worked just fine on the ESP32 DevkitC, so that's a good start.

Things stated to fall apart on me in 2 ways.
#1) how do i check for GET & POST
#2) how do i respond back with my site data, instead of simple stings like in the example.
#3) do I have to compress my site into raw data, or can i add a new file and put my HTML web site code in there, and call it some how.  In another platform I was able to do this.
function htmlDefault()
{
    return @"
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang='en'>
<head>
  <title>Main Page</title>

</html>";
}

I have taken by website and converted it to binary, In the photons code my site data is simply this (of course lopped off as its quite large).
const char web_site[] = { 0x3c,0x21,0x44,0x4f,0x43,0x54,0x59,0x50,0x45,0x20,0x68,0x74, ...};

I have (hopefully) converted it correctly to Python this way:
web_site=[0x3c,0x21,0x44,0x4f,0x43,0x54,0x59,0x50,0x45,0x20,0x68,0x74, ...]

I see this line in the Mini Web Server  example:  print("Hello Zerynth!",random(0,100),"",stream=client)
But unclear on how to send my data back instead.

Further confusion comes in when I Google this. I see many references to use:

from http.server import BaseHTTPRequestHandler, HTTPServer
# HTTPRequestHandler class
class testHTTPServer_RequestHandler(BaseHTTPRequestHandler):

Yet, this throws an error.

Might anyone be willing to explain or show a more elaborate Web Server example that put up an actual web page ?.

Thank you.

Tagged:

Comments