frame

Registration of FlipnClick

SoulBoyNr1 Member
edited September 9 in Troubleshooting
Hi.

I am trying to virtualize my FlipnClick-board with the latest Zerynth version (2.0.10) for OSX but I cant get past burn boot loader.

ztc device discover --matched
name                alias    target            uid                                       chipid    remote_id    classname        port                  disk
------------------  -------  ----------------  ----------------------------------------  --------  -----------  ---------------  --------------------  ------
Flip & Click SAM3X           flipnclick_sam3x  2af2a31ee1cfcef404fbf75b6cedb0b014c80c93                         FlipNClickSAM3X  /dev/tty.usbmodem621
Arduino Due                  arduino_due       2af2a31ee1cfcef404fbf75b6cedb0b014c80c93                         ArduinoDue       /dev/tty.usbmodem621
ztc device alias put 2af2a31ee1cfcef404fbf75b6cedb0b014c80c93 my_flipnclick flipnclick_sam3x 
ztc device discover --matchdb
name                alias          target            uid                                       chipid    remote_id    classname        port                  disk
------------------  -------------  ----------------  ----------------------------------------  --------  -----------  ---------------  --------------------  ------
Flip & Click SAM3X  my_flipnclick  flipnclick_sam3x  2af2a31ee1cfcef404fbf75b6cedb0b014c80c93                         FlipNClickSAM3X  /dev/tty.usbmodem621
ztc device register my_flipnclick
[info]> Starting device registration
[info]> Burning bootloader...
[info]> Auto scan for device failed
[info]> Try specifying a serial port with the '-p' option
[error]> Can't burn bootloader! --> Auto scan for device failed
Try specifying a serial port with the '-p' option
It has worked with previous versions of Zerynth. 

/Ronny

Comments

• Hi Ronny,

sorry for the late answer; this issue regards the flash lock error during the programming phase.

You have to check if your flip n click on the front side has the erase button; if there is the erase button, you have to hold down for one or two seconds and then try again the registration command.

If there is no erase button, you can try the Mikroe solution suggested in this post.

Let me know if this can help you :smiley: 
    Matteo Cipriani
    Zerynth Support Team
  • Hi Matteo.

It helped! I obviously have the one without erase button.

Thank you.