frame

HTTP Time example

Hi! I'm trying to run the HTTP Time example with Particle Photon, but the console prints this error (I tried twice and got the very same errors):
Trying to connect...
Trying to connect...
Trying to connect...
ooops, something very wrong! :( NameError @[0000:0103:0000:0000:0000:0000:0000:0000]

Is this a problem of my wifi or in the connection with the api website?
I'm using Zerynth Studio version 2.0.6. I used the same wifi for ADM example and there it worked.

Comments

• floydfloyd Member
    clicking on the @xxx link the IDE will show you where the error is rised in your code. I guess the wifi authentication phase fails.

Daniele Mazzei
    Zerynth Chief System Architect
  • KikiCS Member
    Indeed, the wifi autentication fails, because after it prints "Establishing Link..." the code for this error appears:
    IOError  at line 42 of __main__ [the one containing the "wifi.link(...)" command, which I filled with correct wifi data]
    raised at line 95 of wireless.wifi.link

I don't know how to solve this, I will probably check the behaviour with a different wifi...
  • Hi KikiCS,

Zerynth r2.0.9 is out (link)
    You can try to update your system, create a new virtual machine (r2.0.9) for your particle photon and uplink again.

Let me know if this can fix your problem :)
    Matteo Cipriani
    Zerynth Support Team
  • KikiCS Member
    I was finally able to check the time. Wifi connection was no big deal, the problem was timeapi suggested in the example: it seems it's not working (in fact I couldn't find the website). I used another time api from a website called timezonedb.com and was able to download a long string that included time and date.