frame

Ubuntu installation fail

Hi,
I cant install on ubuntu 16.04, when try to execute ./zerynth.sh I get the error:

/home/jack/Applications/zerynth/node_modules/mkdirp/index.js:90
                    throw err0;
                    ^

Error: EACCES: permission denied, mkdir '/home/jack/.zerynth2'
    at Object.fs.mkdirSync (fs.js:846:18)
    at sync (/home/jack/Applications/zerynth/node_modules/mkdirp/index.js:71:13)
    at Function.sync (/home/jack/Applications/zerynth/node_modules/mkdirp/index.js:77:24)
chrome-extension://plgpmongdcepdpdjaljokkmjdbfghjea/js/base.js:189
    if(!fs.existsSync(path.join(env.cfg,"installation.json") )){
                                   ^

TypeError: Cannot read property 'cfg' of undefined
    at startup (chrome-extension://plgpmongdcepdpdjaljokkmjdbfghjea/js/base.js:189:36)
    at HTMLDocument.<anonymous> (chrome-extension://plgpmongdcepdpdjaljokkmjdbfghjea/index.html:92:22)
    at j (chrome-extension://plgpmongdcepdpdjaljokkmjdbfghjea/bower_components/jquery/dist/jquery.min.js:2:26925)
    at Object.fireWith [as resolveWith] (chrome-extension://plgpmongdcepdpdjaljokkmjdbfghjea/bower_components/jquery/dist/jquery.min.js:2:27738)
    at Function.ready (chrome-extension://plgpmongdcepdpdjaljokkmjdbfghjea/bower_components/jquery/dist/jquery.min.js:2:29532)
    at HTMLDocument.I (chrome-extension://plgpmongdcepdpdjaljokkmjdbfghjea/bower_components/jquery/dist/jquery.min.js:2:29723)

Executing with normal user fails too with lack of permissions.

Any idea.

Thx

Comments

• Hi Rafael Hernandez,

Seems like the user who executes ./zerynth.sh has no permission to create new folders in your home; try to run from terminal:
    mkdir ~/.zerynth2
    And let me know the result :smile: 
    Matteo Cipriani
    Zerynth Support Team
  • I've create manually folders: .zerynth2 and subfolders then the installer windows appears but I get the error:

events.js:160
          throw er; // Unhandled 'error' event
          ^

Error: EACCES: permission denied, open '/home/jack/.zerynth2/tmp/core.zerynth.toolchain.tar.xz'

Ever using sudo.

Thanks

• Finally, I got it using root user instead sudo command. I dont know why.

Solved: creating manually folder ~/.zerynth and subfolders, and execute the script using root user (su root) instead sudo command.

Thanks
  • Hi Matteo,

After installing, the main windows appear the first time but I cant open again. I get this error:

(zerynth:4609): GLib-GIO-CRITICAL **: g_dbus_connection_register_object: assertion 'G_IS_DBUS_CONNECTION (connection)' failed

(zerynth:4609): GLib-GIO-CRITICAL **: g_dbus_connection_register_object: assertion 'G_IS_DBUS_CONNECTION (connection)' failed

(zerynth:4609): GLib-GIO-CRITICAL **: g_dbus_connection_get_unique_name: assertion 'G_IS_DBUS_CONNECTION (connection)' failed

(zerynth:4609): GConf-WARNING **: Client failed to connect to the D-BUS daemon:
    Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.
    [4609:4609:0616/190346:ERROR:gconf_listener.cc(117)] Error with gconf key '/apps/metacity/general': No D-BUS daemon running

Gkr-Message: couldn't connect to dbus session bus: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.

Thanks

• Hi Rafael Hernandez,

Here a link regarding a discussion on your same issue that should help you.

Let me know if you succeed in solving it.

Matteo Cipriani
    Zerynth Support Team