frame

Ubuntu 16.04 installation problem

gabrielrpaz Member
edited April 14 in Installation & Login
I am having problems with the installation in Ubuntu 16.04, the following message appears:

root@gabriel-Inspiron-5537:/home/gabriel/Downloads/zerynth# ./zerynth

(zerynth:6302): GLib-GIO-CRITICAL **: g_dbus_connection_register_object: assertion 'G_IS_DBUS_CONNECTION (connection)' failed

(zerynth:6302): GLib-GIO-CRITICAL **: g_dbus_connection_register_object: assertion 'G_IS_DBUS_CONNECTION (connection)' failed

(zerynth:6302): GLib-GIO-CRITICAL **: g_dbus_connection_get_unique_name: assertion 'G_IS_DBUS_CONNECTION (connection)' failed

(zerynth:6302): GConf-WARNING **: Client failed to connect to the D-BUS daemon:
Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.
[6302:6302:0314/210232:ERROR:gconf_listener.cc(117)] Error with gconf key '/apps/metacity/general': Servidor D-BUS não está em execução

Gkr-Message: couldn't connect to dbus session bus: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.
[6336:6336:0314/210232:FATAL:nw_content_renderer_hooks.cc(48)] Failed to load node library (error: libnode.so: Unable to open shared object file: File or directory not found)
ilegal instruction

It is necessary to install any library previously?

If anyone can help me, I appreciate it.

Thank you.
Gabriel Rosa Paz

Comments

• Hi gabrielrpaz,

Try to execute the installer as normal user not as root

Let me know if this can help you :)
    Matteo Cipriani
    Zerynth Support Team
  • Thank you very much Matteo.

Just to warn others who might have made the same mistake as I did, I had to delete the .config/Zerynth directory to complete the installation with normal user.

Thank you again.
    Gabriel Rosa Paz