frame

PROBLEM TO VIRTUALIZE PARTICLE PHOTON

luiss Member
edited September 2016 in Troubleshooting
Salve ,sto cercando di virtualizzare particle photon seguendo la vostra guida , questa http://doc.zerynth.com/board.zerynth.particle_photon/r1.0.6/

,ma ottengo nell'IDE zerynth questo errore :

Error viperizing Error while virtualizing: dfu-util 0.8 Copyright 2005-2009 Weston Schmidt, Harald Welte and OpenMoko Inc. Copyright 2010-2014 Tormod Volden and Stefan Schmidt This program is Free Software and has ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY Please report bugs to dfu-util@lists.gnumonks.org

Diciamo che non ho effettuato nessuna operazione preliminare per l'installazione del particle photon , come dice nel sito , qui :
https://docs.particle.io/guide/getting-started/connect/core/#installing-the-particle-cli
, cioe installazione "node.js" , ma ho seguito solo la vostra guida (quella al primo link).
Qualcuno mi potrebbe aiutare?Grazie
Devo installare le componenti che mi indica il sito del particle photon?

Comments

• Hi, I'm trying to virtualize particle photon following your guide, this http://doc.zerynth.com/board.zerynth.particle_photon/r1.0.6/

, But I get this error in the IDE zerynth:

Error Error while virtualizing viperizing: dfu-util 0.8 Copyright 2005-2009 Weston Schmidt, Harald Welte and OpenMoko Inc. Copyright 2010-2014 Tormod Volden and Stefan Schmidt This program is Free Software and has ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY Please report bugs to dfu-util @ lists.gnumonks.org

Let's say that I have not made any preliminary operation for installing the photon particle, as it says on the site, here:
    https://docs.particle.io/guide/getting-started/connect/core/#installing-the-particle-cli
    , Ie "node.js" installation, but I only followed your guide (the first link).
    Someone could help me? Thanks
    I have to install the components that shows me the site of the particle photon?

• Hello @luiss,

the Photon can be in two states:
    1. waiting for firmware (aka DFU mode)
    2. executing loaded firmware
    in mode 2 it behaves like an usb serial device and needs; this mode needs the official Photon drivers.
    In mode 1, different drivers are needed and they are provided by the Zadig utility. The error you get arises from the fact that the DFU utilty needed to virtualize the Photon, can't find the correct driver.
    Instructions for Zadig related to the Photon can be found here.
    This is all you need to install to correctly install the Photon. 

Moreover, since Zadig version 2.2 is out, it could be possible to avoid installing drivers for mode 2, and use Zadig for them too (by select serial usb mode in Zadig)...but I have not tested it yet  ;)

Giacomo Baldi
    Zerynth Head of Software Development
  • I was in the using mode DFU

• I try the mode 1 and I tell you
  • I installed the drivers in dfu mode and zerynth recognized him, is the configuration screen is opened when the particle photon went into was "red flash sos" and turned off. I tried again to virtualize, she recognizes him but then goes on mode "red SOS" and then no light.
    Now???
  • From what you describe it is not SOS mode, but the normal blinking of a virtualized Photon  :)
    Now you should be able to upload Python scripts to the board. It should appear as "Particle Photon" in the board list and it is now in mode 2 (so the drivers for mode 2 must be correctly installed). Select it and press the uplink button (arrow pointing up).

Let us know!
    Giacomo Baldi
  • I installed only the driver for mode 1 , i must install also these for mode 2? and how?
    i try to press the uplink button ,but i have the error : can't open serial
  • To install the driver for mode 2 you have to follow the guide. Here it is the relevant info:

On Windows machines the Particle Photon USB Drivers are required by the ZERYNTH IDE for accessing the serial port establishing a connection with the STM32 UART.

To install the drivers on Windows:

• plug the Photon on an USB port, 
    • unzip the downloaded package, 
    • go to the Windows Devices Manager and double-click on the Particle device under “Other Devices”. 
    • Click Update Driver, and select Browse for driver software on your computer. 
    • Navigate to the folder where the package has been unzipped and select it (Note that right now, the drivers are in a Spark folder and are named photon.cat).
    Giacomo Baldi
  • I did this but the problem remains, then I make:
    1.connect the particle photon with usb cable
    2.I put it in DFU mode
    3.I open the ide zerynth, virtualizzo the board
    4.uplink "Hello zerynth" code
    5.the console says "press reset in 5 seconds"
    6.I press the console "attempt ....... 35 1.2.3"
    7.error [UPLOAD]: "can not open the serial"

what should I do?

• Andy Member